Kansas City Tree Care & Shrub Treatments for Insects, Disease Control, and Improved Plant Health
When you find insect or disease infestations, like bagworms eating your junipers or Japanese Beetles eating your roses, the team at Heritage Lawns & Irrigation serves Olathe, Overland Park, Lenexa, the entire Kansas City metro, and we deliver prompt, effective control and expert advice before it gets worse.
Landscape Maintenance Plans:
Be proactive and catch small problems before they become big problems.
If you’ve shopped for trees or shrubs or have ever had to replace existing plants, you know your landscaping plants are a big investment. Replacing adult trees can be very expensive, so prevention is your best defense against budget-busting plant replacements. Most plants can be treated and saved if diagnosed early enough, so don’t hesitate to call us when you notice something unusual. Our horticulture expert can recognize and treat dozens of diseases common to Kansas City trees and shrubs. It helps to see problems early if you know what to look for. Here are some common diseases and insect infestations to be on the lookout for in your landscape:
- Spider mites – when the weather turns hot, look for this tiny trouble maker and its webbing on burning bushes and yews
- Lacewings – this small fly-like insect likes to attack azaleas
- Aphids – this small pest is commonly found on roses just underneath the flower
- Bagworms – at the end of May, these caterpillars hatch and hang in small sacks. They prefer evergreens like junipers
- Emerald Ash Borers – larvae feed on the inner bark of ash trees, disrupting the tree’s ability to transport water and nutrients
- Japanese Beetles – Japanese beetles attack the foliage, flowers, or fruits of more than 300 different ornamental and agricultural plants
Help new plants get established and struggling trees and shrubs recover. Our organic-based blend of nutrients will make your trees and shrubs happy.
When to Treat for Bagworms, Japanese Beetles, and Other Insects:
If you’re thinking about it, then now is the time to act. Talk to our arborist and let’s make a plan. If you don’t do anything, it will only get worse and perhaps too late. Contact Heritage Lawns & Irrigation today for shrub care and tree care in Kansas City, MO and the KC metro.