“If you’re not learning you’re not growing. Things are always changing so I feel we need to continue to learn to deliver the best experience to our clients.” This quote from Heritage Founder, Wes Ory, is the philosophy behind annual winter training.
The lawn care business may slow down in the winter but that doesn’t mean we do. During this time of year the Lawn Coaches fine-tune their day-to-day techniques as well as strive to learn new programs, procedures, and more. This promotes better service from knowledgeable Coaches. Here are a few ways Heritage helps their team members grow:
Heritage Reading Program
Heritage strongly believes by strengthening our individuals we strengthen our team. In order to do so, each member must fully understand our core values. To help explain these values and why they are important, Wes introduced the Heritage Reading Program.
This “program” consists of 5 quick read books that address simple life strategies such as dealing with change, personal accountability, achieving your goal, and more. Here are the books that are included in the program, you may enjoy them as well!
- Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson
- The Question Behind the Question by John G. Miller
- Rhinoceros Success by Scott Alexander
- The Go Getter by Peter B. Kyne
- The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant by Terry Felber
Heritage Core Values
Our core values keep us strong and united. We believe:
- You should treat others as you want to be treated
- To always be customer focused
- One must do what they say they are going to do
- To act honorably in all matters
- Adapt and overcome challenges and obstacles
- To grow through education and innovation
With constantly changing technology, Heritage has put a lot of work into improving our internal communication. We discovered industry advancing tools that have significantly changed the way our office works. Which in turn, lead to tools that improve our communication with our homeowners.
With the Lawn Coaches using several Google apps on a day-to-day basis, it is important everyone is on the same page. We also want our Coaches to be familiar with the 24/7 online access to Lawn Gateway. This way, everything runs smoothly and we can easily talk our homeowners through the benefits our online tools.
It wouldn’t be Winter in the lawn care business if there weren’t plenty of seminars to attend. These seminars help us stay up to date on what’s going on in the community. Here are a few of them that Heritage has or will be attending this year:
- Emerald Ash Borer Seminars – If you haven’t heard of the danger this insect has brought to Kansas City, learn more here.
- Kansas Turfgrass Foundation’s Annual Meeting
- MAGIC (Mid-America Green Industry Council) – Training classes and association meeting
- Vendor Training – Vendors hold seminars introducing latest products what is being successful around the country.
As you can see, even in our slower months we have been staying busy and working hard to find more ways to give you a lawn that will make you proud. To learn more about Heritage, visit us online today.