“If you’re not learning you’re not growing. Things are always changing so I feel we need to continue to learn to deliver the best experience to our clients.” This quote from Heritage Founder, Wes Ory, is the philosophy behind the winter training our Lawn Coaches complete every year. This year our team is focusing on these three areas:
Heritage Reading Program
Heritage strongly believes in strengthening it’s individuals in order to strengthen our team. In order to do so, each member must fully understand our core values. To accomplish this goal we introduced, what is now referred to as, the Heritage Reading Program.
This “program” consists of 5 quick read books that address simple life strategies such as dealing with change, personal accountability, achieving your goal, and more. Here are the books that are included in the program, you may enjoy them as well!
- Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson
- The Question Behind the Question by John G. Miller
- Rhinoceros Success by Scott Alexander
- The Go Getter by Peter B. Kyne
- The Monk and the Merchant by Terry Felber
During 2014, Heritage put a lot of work into improving their internal communication. We discovered industry advancing tools that have significantly changed the way our office works. Which in turn lead to tools that improve our communication with our homeowners.
Heritage is now at the point that we want to improve on the tools we’ve put in place. For example, the Lawn Coaches are learning more about Google Apps, Drive, and Google Calendars. With technology advancing so quickly there is always something to learn.
It wouldn’t be Winter in the lawn care business if there weren’t plenty of seminars to attend. Here are a few of them that Heritage has or will be attending this year:
- Emerald Ash Borer Seminars
- Learn here how EAB’s will be having a major effect on Kansas City this year.
- Kansas Turfgrass Foundation’s annual meeting
- Updates on the latest product and protocol research
- MAGIC (Mid-America Green Industry Council) Training classes and association meeting
- Continuing education for licensing and certifications
- Vendor training
- vendors hold seminars introducing latest products what is being successful around the country.