Landscaping, it can make your home look spectacular! However, did you know that there are additional benefits to investing in this lawn care service? Yes, we mean actual environmental benefits! Heritage Lawns & Irrigation put together our list of the top benefits to investing in landscaping services your home’s lawn.
- Landscaping with grass, trees and plants reduce soil erosion. This is a major cause of water pollutions because of pesticides, fertilizers and sediment.
- One tree removes 26 pounds of carbon dioxide from the air every year. It can also produce enough oxygen for a family of four to live on.
- Trees absorb as much as 85% of the sun’s direct heat.
- Proper selection and placement of plant material can lower heating and cooling costs by as much as 20%.
- Shrubs, turf and trees reduce noise pollution by up to 50%.
- Eight average front lawns have the cooling effect of 70 tons of air conditioning.
- Trees can reduce power demand by as much as 59%.
- Plants, trees and grass fight pollution and provide storm water control and shelter for wildlife.
- Healthy lawn turf is a strong asset in fire prevention.
- One large tree can absorb as much heat as several window air conditioners and can lower temperatures by 10 degrees.
- Temperatures around grassy landscaped areas are about 25 degrees cooler than around dead grass or concrete “heat islands”.
Did you know that something as simple as landscaping your lawn could have such an effect on the environment? Consider these facts next time you are planting or landscaping in your yard.